- Attractive hourly rate
- 4 month assignment with possible extension
- Chance to enhance your government experience
- Ideally have at least 3-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Rely on your experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Policy Officer Grade 9/10 - NSW State GovernmentSydney CBD, NSW, Australia
About the role:
The Policy Officer manages and coordinates the development and implementation of a range of policy initiatives to contribute to the delivery of policy initiatives that support the Government departments policy and commitments.
The business unit in question looks after the planning of resources across the department in Energy, Water and Portfolio Strategy.
• Research, analyse and review complex policy issues, identifying emerging issues, developing evidence based options, and recommended solutions to resolve problems and mitigate risks
• Provide expert policy advice and information to relevant stakeholders to facilitate the appropriate interpretation and implementation of policies and support Agency and/or Government policy initiatives
• Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, facilitating their engagement in, and contribution to, the identification and development of policy solutions and to inform policy decision making
• Monitor, evaluate and report on the development and/or implementation of policies to identify issues and ensure the achievement of desired outcomes
• Mentor and guide policy officers and support staff, ensuring compliance with governance and quality requirements, to successfully deliver policy priorities and initiatives
• Prepare correspondence, written reports, publications, and briefs, that are informative and aligned with agency requirements, to respond to Agency and/or Government requests
To be considered you will:
This role offers a 35 hour work week, hourly pay rate dependent on experience $50-60p/h and flexible work hours.
For further questions only please call Danielle on 0299781700.
Please note you must be happy to pass a national criminal record check to be successful for this role.
Category: State Government
Reference ID: AU1868DC000647
Date Posted: 13/03/2018